Friday, September 16, 2011

Namizimu Forest Retreat

I had the opportunity the other week to go visit Namizimu Forest Retreat which is an eco-lodge about 30 minutes past Mangochi. My friend Kathryn (a former Peace Corps) was visiting for a week, and she was friends with the woman Tahereh who had created it. I had been stuck in and bogged down in Lilongwe for months and months. This retreat was exactly what I needed.

The eco-lodge was incredible. They operate completely off the grid with solar power. Their water supply is fresh mountain spring water. Tahereh and her partner Dave are doing amazing work at this lodge. It is definitely a haven.

I said to Kathryn after we hiked up the mountain and were sitting looking over the Malawi landscape; "I didn't realize what I needed to do was sit on the top of a mountain. But I did." I often get so bogged down here on all the little frustrations of day to day life and trying to get things accommplished that I forget I live in Malawi - an amazing, beautiful country. I left feeling refreshed and inspired again.

http://www.namizimu.com/



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: