Monday, November 21, 2011

The Unexpected Running Hazard

As I’ve been writing about, I’m aware that there are many running hazards. Well, today I encountered one that I didn’t expect; and I do believe although I didn’t realize this would be a hazard, it’s definitely the worst one by far. It’s called ‘exhibitionists.’

It was my first run back today after my little street dog mishap. I had hurt the muscle in my leg from falling hard, so I had decided to give it a little break and walk the dogs for a few days. This morning before I went out I didn’t know if I wanted to take Tess with me after the street dog incident, but decided that I should. Also, when she sees me in my running gear she gets so excited, I would feel really badly if I didn’t take her. So, I’m rounding onto a small back road close to the end of my run on my usual route. Coming close to the corner, I see a man up ahead jump off his bike. Before I actually realized what was happening, the man had dropped his trousers and decided to give me a full frontal view. I won’t repeat exactly what I said, but it went something along the lines of “Oh, #$%@! That’s #$%&ing disgusting.” The only benefit this had to my run, was I picked up the pace a fair clip for the remainder, and was very pleased with my decision to take Tess.

Never a dull day in Lilongwe.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

wonder if he understood English...never a dull moment with you Leanne, this one made me laugh out loud.xoxoxo